Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Reflection

Reflecting upon my COMM1043 experience, there are many things I have learnt in process, first of all is the creation of this blog of course, which is new to me. Then it not only taught me on how to make blogs, but how to design it properly. In making this blog I attempted to apply a few principles of design; the main ones are the application of theories regarding composition, salience, and framing by Kress van Leeuwen (2006) to provide a better reading experience.

I also kept in mind the theory as according to Walsh(2006) that every reader would have a different interpretation, and tried to apply it by trying to imagine a reader’s perspective to my publications. Asides from publication theories, I have also learnt so much from all the reading research materials I did for the sake of the blog, which I am sure will be useful for me in the future.

Well, that’s it from me, I hope that upon reading this blog you might stumble across anything interesting or useful, I truly enjoyed all the learning process, this is my first blog but maybe it’s not my last ;).

I had fun, thanks for reading guys!

REFERENCE LIST:

Walsh. M. 2006, “‘Textual shift’: Examining the reading process with print, visual and multimodal texts”, Australian Journal of Language and Literacy, Vol. 29, No. 1, p.24-37

Kress, G. & van Leeuwen, T. 2006, 'Chapter 1: The semiotic landscape: language and visual
communication' in Reading images: the grammar of visual design, 2dn edn, Routledge, London.


No comments:

Post a Comment